Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jeni Shows Mark Her Cool New Computer

Well, this really is a week of miracles.  Here we are, my husband and I, sitting on the couch doing pretty much nothing.  It’s weird, but maybe we could get used to it.  July.  It’ll all happen in July.

244 I just showed him how easy it was to put a picture on the blog.  This one was taken a couple of Saturdays ago when they went on a train ride for Bradford’s birthday.  The train went from Woodstock to Canton, a 15-mile trip, in about an hour.  They had fun, except Grace skinned her knees pretty badly. 

Now Mark is making snide comments about my writing, so maybe I’ll quit.

Oh, but before I do, let me say again that I just love Hank the Cowdog.  Really.  He’s a stitch.  Here is a sample conversation between Hank and Drover.

H: To put it in a nutshell, my career change has hit a snag.

D: That’s a funny way to put it.

H: What’s funny about a snag?

D: No, a nutshell is funny.  Why do people put things in nutshells?  Why don’t they put them in baskets or dishpans?

H: Because it is more poetic to put them in nutshells.  A nutshell gives the idea of smallness.

D: What about coconuts?

H: What about them?  Monkeys throw them at each other.

D: They aren’t small.

Well, maybe you have to hear it, or imagine the author’s voices for it, but it makes me laugh even thinking about it. 

And now, goodnight. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your new computer?

I'm going to be at your house in six days!!! :D

SomeOne said...

My new computer is this cool black plastic-y thing that is very cool. It has DELL on the top. ;)

I'll show it to you in six days! Wow.