Wow. I've been working at managing 7 children for an entire month now. Unbelievable. Where has the time gone?
One day was spent catching up with a friend who sang at my wedding 15 years ago, whom I haven't seen since that day. We'd kept in touch, though, and when her husband had business in Alabama, she called to see if it would be okay for him to drop her and her 3 children off for the day. Yay! She brought dinner, 2 babysitters for the twins, and entertainment for the boys.
Her son is a BOY, if you know what I mean. He and the boys stayed outside ALL DAY LONG, and went through two outfits. My boys loved it. The next day 2 of them wore camouflage in honor of Eric, and yesterday Bradford tried making a zipline from the porch to the tree. I wouldn't let him try it out, as it didn't look all that sturdy, and it was about 25 feet above our concrete driveway.
2 comments:
Joanne and I were glad that you survived one month of extreme-motherhood. You will have to get your sons a copy of “The Dangerous Book for Boys” and let them work on some of the projects described in it. Maybe dad will be required for some of them.
So great to hear you are surviving!!! I am been thinking about you lots!!!
Post a Comment