Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Fall Break Trip is Posted In a Few Pictures

This is a picture of a Malachite butterfly on my hand. Too cool.



I do not know what kind of butterfly this is, but she liked Bradford enough to lay an egg on his shirt.


A view from Cloudland Canyon.


One of only five pictures that Mark took of his father and his boys. I say "only" because he took 17 pictures of a group of three leaves, another 9 of a mushroom, and at least 38 of a rainbow. But his father and children? Five. Yup. Priorities (which explains why the mushrooms didn't make it to the blog)



I saw them from the other side of the canyon, and it was freaking me out to have them so close to the edge. I told myself that Mark loved his boys and wouldn't let them fall into the canyon, and then I went back to the cabin and drank some Vodka. Well, I would have, if I had any with me.




4 comments:

Stacy said...

Okay - this one cracks me up a few times!

I love the canyon's edge photo. Their smiles... well, do you think they know Mom would not have let them that close?

After our recent trip to NC, I realized I took about 11 photos of a spider wrapping up a trapped butterfly. Maybe it was 13... But only two attempted shots of my kids in front of the waves. The camera was fogging up the first day and I figured I'd "get to it another day..."

Maybe I can send out the butterfly/spider ones on my Christmas cards?

Jordan said...

Ha ha ha. Love the vodka comment. Daddies definitely seem happy to let the little ones be more independent. It's a good balance.

MouseAnne said...

Since when do you like vodka? You are more of a peppermint schnapps person.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds just exactly like me! What cameras'll do to ya....