Sunday, July 20, 2008

We Interrupt Our Regular Schedule to Bring an Announcement

The baby's womb-time name is no longer Patience. I've never had patience, and I'm not about to begin now. Instead, Mark told me on the way up to camp at Ft. Mountain that we should call the baby Sally, to which I responded Sally Forth, because she is our fourth girl, and because we made this big decision while sallying forth to the mountains.

Sally F. is hungry, and so are her properly named sisters, so tally-ho again.

We now resume our habit of long silences.

4 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Found your blog via th elist at well trained mind. Had a great laugh at this one and the poem about your having another.

LOL. Didn't get access to the schedule and chore chart - sound fabulous if I can see them, I'd love it.

We begin homeschooling in the fall with our first daughter, entering kindergarten. She will be quickly followed by her two younger siblings :)

Anonymous said...

Is it also 'cause you want her to hurry up and sally forth from the womb? ;)

So, do you know for sure that it's a girl? When did you find that out?

Amy Ross said...

Oh, Jennifer!! I always think of you as a "mom of boys!" When I first knew you, you had three of them trailing you around, and NOW you will have more girls than boys!! I just can't believe it!

We are happy for you and praying for you.

Love,
AMy

Shanna said...

We just had our 6th in June. People are always saying to me, "I don't have the patience for 6 kids." I tell them, "I don't either...I think that's one of the reasons God's given them to me...to teach me patience!" My patience is never tested more than when I'm pregnant!