Friday, August 31, 2007

Nathaniel Turns Six

What a whirlwind we've been living in the last couple of weeks. I want to write about everything that has happened about as much as you want to read it, so here's a quick recap.

Nathaniel turns six tomorrow, but we had his party tonight. All the kid wanted was a sheriff pin, cowboy boots, and a Tintin book. I had purchased the Tintin book months ago (big mistake), but for the life of me I couldn't find the pin or boots. Auntie Sheila then told my mom about Horse Town, and the day was saved. Except for the book. Where, oh where did it go? It was in my closet, and I never moved it out of the closet, soooooo. Hmmm. Well, he can't read much yet, and he's content to stomp around in his boots for now.

The babies are home wreckers. My friend Liz said that about her twins, and now it is true for mine as well. I went away for an evening, and on my return Mark informed me that they now know how to open the toilet lid and paperclips are fun to toss into a toilet. Sophie stole a fork from the dishwasher and was rapidly heading toward the bathroom to see if it was more fun than paperclips when I intercepted. Small blessings.

Sophie has passed Sadie in weight, the little fatty.

"Ah," you say, "now I understand how busy you've been." Like I said, you don't really want to read my have done list for the last two weeks, so you'll have to trust that I haven't been watching movies the whole time.

My to do list for the next month is looking a bit scary, too, so don't expect much in the way of posts. I'll finish this post off with an updated list of Animals That Have Been Seen On My Property.

King Snake. (that is a good thing) Bradford saw a snake on the front porch and we looked them up so he could identify it. I was happy not to have seen it, even though in my heart I'm very glad he's here.

5-lined Skink. This little guy is fun to see, because he has a blue tail when he's little, and it looks more purple when he's older.

Goldfinch. Yes, I went nuts when I saw my first yellow bird here.

And now, Auf Wiedersehen, or, as my friend Michelle was wont to say, "Our feet are stained."

2 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Nathaniel!

We miss you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Michelle's version! :D