Looking at the picture of the babies that was taken a year ago.
I can't believe I've actually made it through this first year. My midwife told me I'd need help for at least 6 months, and other mothers of twins said it gets easier after they are one. I would never have kept my sanity if it hadn't been for many caring people.
My mother... who worked tirelessly before and after the birth, who oversaw every aspect of my life during the first few weeks of the twins life so I could rest, who cheered me on when the going got rough, and did countless other things that made my life easier, including periodically taking all six children so I could have a real break.
My husband... who did the night-thing with "his baby" once we in our house, who stayed up very late and got up very early to work to support his whiny wife and six children.
My father... who worked hard to get our house ready to bring the babies home to.
The men from our church and my parents' church... who worked with my father to get the house ready.
My in-laws... who spent 5 weeks helping out.
Kilby... who came on very short notice to be my night nurse and then changed caps to become chief nanny and grandma comforter when things went sour.
Cindy... who acted as fill-in grandma and took me to several pediatrician appointments. She also oversaw the un-packing of my boxes and arranging of my furniture.
Cindy's husband... who mowed my grass for me.
The people at my church and others... who brought me meals and gifts and stayed to help with the older kids.
Becky... who came for three weeks to make breakfast for the kids, give Gracie baths, bake my birthday cake, and make me watch 27 hours of Our Mutual Friend.
Have I mentioned my mom? who drove the boys to their homeschool classes to give me a bit of a break (and sometimes watched the girls so I could take them and do some grocery shopping).
Lisa...who answered my plea for help and came once a month for four months to clean my house.
To all the above and everyone who helped and prayed during the very roughest time of all, thank you.
And now, a year later, we are doing amazingly well. I've finally figured out a workable schedule, my children are helping out a lot, meals are happening on time (mostly), laundry is getting done and put away (usually), and things are getting cleaned (eventually). This is a miracle, and I praise God for it.
7 comments:
You and your precious family are indeed a testimony to HIS faithfulness! Praising God for and with you. Love, Amy
Wow,How much they have grown! Praise God for all your blessings
Happy Birthday Girls! It is a blessing to have so much support from family and friends!
Wow time sure does fly! Happy birthday to your sweet baby girls!
I wonder what our lives will look like a year from now?
Rejoicing with you!
Love-Stacey
I love the way Sophie, like, always has her tongue sticking out! :D
MADE you? You're the one who read OMF three times! :P Speaking of which, I still haven't finished it. :\
Congratulations, Thompsons, and yes, praise God!
What's the link on your photo blog about? It doesn't work. :(
Post a Comment