Saturday, June 02, 2007

the Boys Discuss the Effects of Loud Music

Out of the blue today, on the way home from Kroger:

Bradford: Mr. Long plays godly music very loud in his car.

Benjamin: Yes, I'm surprised he's not deaf by now.

Benjamin: (after a pause) He only does it on AWANA nights, so his ears have a whole week to recover.

Bradford: But he did it on Basketball nights, too.

So why Mr. Long is not deaf by now is a mystery. As is the reason I was charged $40 for seafood that I never purchased. Hence the trip to Kroger, plus we got to see Grandma, which is always fun. She ended up coming over tonight to eat dinner with us. I love it when she does that. Another pair of arms to hold babies and help with baths is lovely.

About baths. There is a Shel Silverstein poem about too many kids in a tub, and that is exactly what I have. You know those baby bath tubs? Well, I splurged and bought one for the babies, and I usually put both in at the same time. Grace sits behind them in the garden tub, which gives me way too many elbows to scrub. Tonight it was Sadie and Grace in the baby tub, because Sophie wasn't feeling well, and let me tell you, it was one full tub. Eventually I put Sadie into the big tub so Grace could lounge in the baby tub.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the boys conversations! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they're quite the little intellectuals! :)

Anonymous said...

Would you share the poem with us--the Shel one about the bathtub crowd?

Julie said...

That Mr. Long must be some cool guy.