After days and days of going out of the house for this or that, I'm staying home today.
The children are not exactly free from school for the summer, but this week is especially light. I've already finished the phonics and reading lessons with Nathaniel and Bradford, and I don't read aloud until the babies are napping. We'll do Spanish this afternoon only if I can find the CD.
What are they doing instead of slaving away? Nathaniel is using my light table to do some drawing, the babies are finding yummy things like puzzle pieces and dirt to eat since I was a bad mommy and fed them gross yogurt and apples and pears for breakfast, and the other three are playing, for the most part nicely, in the basement.
****
Oops. I forgot to post this earlier, and now the babies are awake from their nap. I read a bit of Ancient Greece to the kids, we worked on Cub Scout requirements, and now they are listening to a book on tape. Days like this are refreshing after the frenzied pace of the last six weeks.
Off to get the babies. Having twins is very much like having two babies at one time.
2 comments:
You make me smile!
Think I saw previously mentioned neighbor boy walking instead of his usual riding the bike home from work.
Why do I always find someone else commenting with exactly what I wanted to say, before I get a chance to do it!? :(
You make me smile, too! :)
Post a Comment