But alas, I can't. There's just something about bottle-blond, sunglass-wearing, experts-at-parenting, girl-friend-quoting mothers-of-preschoolers that irks me.
Okay, I'm over it. Until I meet one again.
Now, here's some interesting neighbor news. Remember when I was considered the neighborhood busybody in Florida, simply because I was home, saw stuff, and cared? Well, I'm at it again. Sort of. The son (I believe) of the couple who bought our house wrote an inappropriate letter to a young woman, and he unwisely used an envelope that was marked "Return to Sender" but was subsequently forwarded to me as a backer. Unlucky him. I sent it to his parents for them to use the information as they will.
And speaking of busybody, someone in Minnesota sent me a card encouraging me that God will meet my needs from His unlimited provision. That is wonderful advice, but I don't know the woman who sent it to me. Weird.
Small mercies abound in my life: Grace is potty-trained. I'll spare the details. (you're welcome)
Oh, and the twins are sleeping in the same room now. They chat for a bit (what do they say?), but they rarely cry.
And tomorrow will mark the sixth week of Serious School for the Thompson Reformed School for Young Gentlemen and Beginning School for Young Ladies. Woo hoo. We've accomplished a lot in those six weeks, let me tell you. We're celebrating with a trip to Daddy's classroom for lunch.
Another mystery: Why did I receive a copy of Food Chemical News? A subscription is over a thousand dollars, and I became a member on their website to look up ONE article (which I never found), and have now received a couple of newsletters. Information that would normally cost a lot coming to me for free is not wasted. I read about the spinach issue in California, about Wal-mart's non-chalance over mis-marked organic food, and about WIC recipients not changing their buying habits after classes telling them of the benefits of low-fat dairy products over higher-fat versions. So, if you care that much, don't allow 2% milk to be purchased with WIC stamps! Tax dollars hard at work. Ergh. Okay, I'm over that, too.
And that's all. I should be in bed now, reading my beloved bird book, and that's where I'm headed.
3 comments:
WOO HOO! on Grace being potty trained and getting lots of school done! I bet that feels great.
Go Gracie, Go Gracie!
I'm sending Sean to you so you can potty train him.
Post a Comment