Sunday, April 22, 2007

Jeni Has No Time


I really don't have time to write anything of importance now, but I'm tired of seeing this post come up when I go on-line to check the weather. So now I can look at something new. Like this.
These birds have all hatched, but now I'm only seeing four babies. What does a mother bird do if one of her babies doesn't live? I'd never considered it before, but I didn't find a dead baby under the nest, so I'm curious.
Okay, I'll write a little, since I took the time to post a picture. I took the week off from the Internet in order to teach my kids something for once this year. Whatever. I teach them everyday, but sometimes it is more formal than other times, and we were due for a good dose of formal teaching. It happened last week, and it'll happen again for the next few weeks. In order to concentrate on school, I'm not checking my email and I'm not doing anything else on-line other than checking weather. That is very freeing.
I think we've finally recovered from Spring Break. I forget that just because Mark has a break doesn't mean I do, too. Let's see. My binoculars were retrieved from the woods and dried out nicely, I pulled the wagon up the steep hill from out of the woods because it was too heavy for the kids, and Mark oversaw the clearing of wood with NAILS out of the woods. *insert loud ah-hemming* Okay, so who was the dummy who thought maybe just once her children could play unsupervised for an hour or two? Stupid me. I deserved to pull the wagon up.
Baby news:
Sadie has a tooth. Cute little ol' white line on her gums. Not to be entirely outdone, Sophie crawled up the stairs yesterday and today. She is sooooo strong. She's also very good in church. For the past two weeks Mrs. Ruholt has taken care of her, and she's stayed in service for the entire time. Not so Sadie, but I'm working on it. Church training with twins will prove interesting.
Alright, enough of the nonsense. I'll write again eventually. But it really doesn't matter, matter, matter, matter, matter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need someone to come watch your little ones while you do "formal teaching?"

I just can't believe how fast the twins are growing up!

Compleat Mom said...

How I admire you. Training twins to sit in church and already at eight months. You go, girl!

Julie said...

Yes that's the neighbors that are in your former home. Jewel is the little girl's name and she seems to be nice.

Where is your sister going since her husband is going to to Korea? She mentioned packing. Would she and the boys be going to your parent"s or your home? Am sure it would be super to have her that close.