Friday, March 30, 2007

a Meal Is Eaten with the Thompsons

Have I ever told you about eating at the Thompsons? Water is always spilled. It's usually either Nathaniel's water, or Nathaniel is somehow involved in the spilling. One week, water spilled every night.

Fast forward to The Great Illness. Ben came down stairs and said, "Mommy, I need that throw up medicine..." and then before I could do or say anything he no longer needed that medicine, as the contents of his stomach were scattered all over the front hall.

Something spilled? Grace was at no loss for words. "Uh, oh. It's a meal at the Thompsons!"

3 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

Gross. I was going to commiserate about stuff always getting spilled. I remember those days. But then I forgot in being grossed out. (I remember those days, too.)

Blessings! (including a continuing sense of humor)

Anonymous said...

Last night, Hughes threw up at the mexican restaurant all over the table! I feel your pain!

Kilby said...

Wow, Grace seems to be growing up really fast! I wish I could come see y'all. I miss you.