Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nathaniel and Bradford Ask for One Piece of Tape

One piece. Seems like a reasonable request, right? Until you realize that the entire roll of tape is actually one piece, and that's the one they want.

This Christmas, I'm asking Santa for my own tape. And speaking of Santa, Ben wrote a letter to him the other day. My kids are still not sure if Santa is real or not, and I admit I keep them in suspense about him, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. The tooth fairy is my favorite to make stories up about, but Santa's good, too.

For instance, did you know the elves got tired of living in the cold and isolation of the north pole and moved to warmer climates? Yes, they did. Most ended up in China, hence the "Made in China" label on toys. But some settled in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and a few even made it to USA. Santa keeps track of all the toy-making via email from his winter home in Arcadia, Florida. I know he lives there, because I've seen him mowing his grass.

Okay, enough already.

No comments: