Friday, December 08, 2006

Jeni Loses the Groove

Then there are days like today. It began last night as I was falling to sleep with a "Waaa." Groping to find the clock I keep under the pillows I checked the time: 11:35. Okay, which rascal is interrupting my sleep? Sophie. Maybe her sleep sack was tickling her foot, or maybe the mobile was casting a scary shadow on the wall. Oh wait, she doesn't have a mobile. Well, rather than figure it out, I quickly fed her, burped her, and put her back down. The rascal even smiled at me in the process. I don't want smiles--I want sleep.

Fall back to sleep for a bit and--You've Got To Be Kidding Me--hear another "waaa." Sadie this time, and it was in the 3 o'clock hour. Forget it. I'm not going to feed you. I grabbed my pillow, whispered to my sleeping husband that I was going downstairs, and head off to sleep in our cold guest bedroom. Until 5 or so, when I hear my husband in the kitchen. He leaves, I go back to sleep, and awaken before --7!! Oh, no. My poor babies! I rush upstairs, feed them, and put them back down for an insanely long nap.

Later I heard the boys playing, and Grace came in to snuggle with me (how could I get up now?) Ends up that the boys were being destructive and foolish, so I left them to clean up their mess and went downstairs to make breakfast for them (a rare occurence these days).

They come down to eat yummy oatmeal bread at (any guesses?) 10 AM!!! So much for schedules that depend on me.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

That's all right. It'll come!