Friday, December 22, 2006

Jeni Is Patient (bwahahahaha!)

Debby kindly told me in my comments that I'm more organized and patient than I used to be. She also told me not to laugh. But I did, because my house is ANYTHING but organized right now. I spent the day calmly typing out poems and Bible verses that I want the kids to memorize next year rather than doing laundry or any of the various hundreds of things that need to get done. Yeah, real organized!

But maybe, just maybe, I do have a smidgen more patience than I used to. I prayed for patience, and God sent me six kids. I used to hear from peole that I'm not supposed to pray for patience because God will send me trials. That is nonsense. God is going to sanctify me, and He will do it with or without my help. So I may as well cooperate and pray for it.

Anyway, this was what I walked downstairs to...

Bradford was annoyed at Grace for something, and he wanted her to stay out of the kitchen. He had just made eggs, remembering to spray the pan so they wouldn't stick. He decided to keep her at bay by spraying the floor-- a good nine square feet of it--with Pam to make it too slippery to walk on.

Grace is fairly easy going, but don't mess with her bedtime routine! If you happen to put her down for a nap or for bed, please put all three blankets on her, give her Baba, make sure she's got a water cup, and then you MUST sing "I am Jesus' Little Lamb" to her. Only then can you leave. I made the mistake of only putting two fo the blankets on her last week, and I had to start all over.

My Computer is Crawling Along....Like ...Something... Funny...

so I'm going to end this post.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I got your Christmas letter. It sounds like you Georgia peaches are settling in nicely. I love to read your posts! Merry Christmas! :) Kim

SomeOne said...

Becky, don't you know that imitation is the highest form of flattery? And please do explain that thing to me. It was... well, weird.

And my computer really was taking a fortnight to do stuff because Norton was scanning.
Mark laughed when I told him the name of my post after I was complaining for at least ten minutes at the speed of the computer.

Anonymous said...

LOL at Bradford!!! Now I pray for patience all the time so how come I am not even a smidgen more patient??? And typing Bible verses out for your kiddos to memorize is WAY more important than having a perfectly organized house!! Seems you have your priorities perfectly in place.
Merry Christmas!
Tina

Compleat Mom said...

Don't you suppose that if you taught GracE now to be content with whatever comes her way by not allowing her to dictate the routine that she wouldn't have such a hard time being a mom? I know there are a few years, but...

I woulda shot Bradford.

But did I ever tell you about my friend Elaine who had just been having devotions and learning that we are PRACTICE godliness. She finally got up to find out why her five children were giggling in the kitchen and lost her cool when she learned that the older ones were egging on the toddler who was squirting syrup all over the kitchen. After the kids got everything cleaned up she was convicted about her own tantrum, taught the kids about what she had just learned about practicing godliness, thought she ought to practice practicing godliness, so instructed them to do it all over again so she could come back in the kitchen and respond in a godly way. I woulda shot them, too.

Anonymous said...

Love that story Debby...My head would have exploded I think! :(

BTW, when I said I was laughing at Bradford it was not at his naughtiness, but his creativity. My own children would have never thought of such a clever way to keep someone away. He sure is an original!

And I think Debby is right about not letting Grace dictate her bed routine.