I'm sitting in the middle
of a rather muddy puddle
With my bottom full of bubbles
and my rubbers full of mud.
While my jacket and my sweater
go on slowly getting wetter
As I very slowly settle
to the bottom of the mud.
And I find that what a person
with a puddle round his middle
Thinks of mostly in the muddle
is the muddiness of mud.
This is just one of the best poems ever, in my estimation. But about this quandary I'm sitting in.
First, should I go deal with my screaming babies, or should I let them cry themselves back to sleep? Sigh.
Secondly, should I buy an iPod with a speaker docking station, or should I get a different MP3 player? I bought an audiobook from iTunes before I knew that I couldn't play it on anything other than an iPod or my computer. I can download a program that will change it to an MP3 file playable on other devices, or I could buy it from Audible.com and be able to put it on CD's, or I can buy an iPod and speakers. What I want is for the boys to be able to listen to audio books that I borrow or buy.
On a different note, I'm going to change to metric days, if that would get me some more time. I just completed an Activity Sheet for Mom from the Managers of Their Homes book. This means I listed all the activities I do or need to do in a day along with how much time it takes. I'm at 28.75 hours, and I haven't included any time for errands or yard work. HA! For starters, I feed babies about 4 hours each day, and no, I can't do other things when I've got a bottle in each hand.
Now Mark is doing the baby thing alone, so I guess I should help him.
2 comments:
on that different note, Jeni, think organic, and I don't mean vegetables.
Psalm 37:3--7
Proverbs 3:5--7
Love ya.
(BTW: I think you ought to recognize how much God has sanctified you in the midst of all those kids: a previous post proved to me that though you are busier than ever, you're also more organized--don't laugh--and more patient than ever. It's all relative, I know, but press on and praise God.)
I believe you can burn any iTunes audio to a cd, so definitely try that before you blow the money on a new iPod, since you already have an mp3 player. Also, you can download a free trial version of Switch from nhc.com, which you could use to convert the m4p files to mp3.
Post a Comment