Monday, October 02, 2006

Jeni Wins, She Wins!!!

a van, that is. "I got it on ebay." *sung*

Oh, yes. I won a van on ebay. I actually bid on 5 different 12-passenger vans, and I could possibly win another in Florida; however, mine is sitting in my driveway as I type, and it would be imprudent to outbid the current high bidder for that one. It is a 2006 Ford 12-passenger van with 17,000 miles. What a cool birthday gift, eh? The kids affectionately call it "The Monster."

Just because I can, we went to the grocery store today--the store where my mother works. Taking twins any place can cause a bit of a stir, but when they are the granddaughters who were born at the house of a much-loved employee, the stir is overwhelming. Everyone was called to come look at them, several people held them, Kathy took the little boys to the Kids Club so they could color while I shopped, the wonderful produce guy Donny searched for me to the other end of the store to give me fresh bell peppers, my old-time friend Randall opened a cash register just for me and took my groceries out, and of course Grandma blew up balloons for the four older kids.

Now we're home and Becky is in the kitchen trying to convince Ben to marry her--possibly so I won't introduce her to the intern at our church...

Tomorrow we're going in the Monster to the kids classes and to get apples--just because we can.

4 comments:

Compleat Mom said...

Congratulations on everything!

Does the intern know the Westminster Shorter Catechism? If not, I just burned ten copies of them and printed CD labels so Cal could give them to his ethics students. Perhaps I could save one for said intern...

(Becky will understand.)

Jordan said...

Hooray! The Thompson family is back on the road. Look out Georgia!

Susan said...

YAY!!! And congratulations on your new daughter-in-law to be. You guys could start a cult--with all three sons marrying the same girl?

Kilby said...

You need to move to Utah.

And Jeni, I think I shall have twins so that shopping can be as easy for me as it is for you.