Happy 4th of July!
This morning I was so tired I fell back to sleep on the couch while the boys were practicing their play. It is now called "Rough and Tough Cowboys," and the plot is fairly simple: a strong cowboy named Wyatt Earp must fix a building, fly into outerspace, shoot lions in Mississippi, and catch a horse thief. He is assisted by his partner, Buffalo Bill Cody in all these endeavors. There is a lot of running and shooting, but not much character developement.
They also practiced last night, and since Bradford refused to take part, I suggested to Ben that he be the narrator AND a character. When he was narrator he wore a hat, and when he was Buffalo Bill Cody he took it off. This worked well until GracE decided she wanted to wear the narrator hat. She stood in front of the boys talking and copying their gestures and interrupting their play.
The boys just got back from a parade, and now they want to join the neighbors for a swim. We'll work on their shyness later.
1 comment:
That whole Play thing sounds familiar... ;) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment