Monday, July 24, 2006

the Children are Delicious

Bradford:
"Oh, look! A sad, loping tree!" (weeping willow)
"When I'm a teenager, I'm not going to watch that movie. I'm only going to watch silent and pleasant movies." (speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, which we told him was not for children and too violent for us to watch)

Grace:
Yesterday she came into the living room and told us that Bradford snores when he sleeps with her. Her brilliance in relating this tale came out something like this:

"Ba-fur. *snoring sound* Eep. *snoring sound*" Of course we all cracked up, and she kept up the snoring for our entertainment. When we checked her story later with Bradford, we found that he did indeed pretend to snore when he was trying to ignore her talking in bed.

Ben:
Is crazy about Dot Com. Anything he wants to find out, he thinks he can find it at _______.com. For instance, his guess on how to find out what wolves eat was to go to "whatdowolveseat.com". He is also missing his friends in Florida something fierce.

Nathaniel:
He is trying to write things now. Almost everything is backwards and often upside down, but if you are patient you can figure out what he was trying to say. DaDfiwlupToFetaN And for those of you who aren't patient, that says "Nate plays football with dad."

SET:
I don't write much about this child yet because I'm still not over the shock that I'll soon have 5 children. This one isn't quite so delicious yet, especially considering the hard, horribly painful Braxton Hicks I had yesterday. Do continue to pray that s/he turns before birth. I'm seeing a chiropractor who has had great success in turning breech babies, and everyone is hopeful that it will happen. My official guess is that Seth and not Sadie will join us next month. I've guessed with each child, however, and I'm usually wrong.

4 comments:

Kilby said...

Wow, Bradford's vocabulary is priceless. "Silent and pleasant...." *cracks up*

Man, I wish I could fly up and be with you to help up with the kids when Seth or Sadie is born. *sniff*

Anonymous said...

I wish I could fly up and be with you to help with the kids when Seth is born! ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could fly up there and be with you to help.

Anonymous said...

Of course if that is three air fares, maybe we could just all drive up together...