Boring Curriculum Stuff: What We Use In Each Subject
History: Child's History of the World, Usborne World History, and Window on the WorldGeography: Geography Songs (but only 1 each week!)
Handwriting: Italic Handwriting Course (the boys begged for handwriting workbooks)
Spelling/Reading: Spell to Write and Read (love, love, love this one)
Math: Miquon for older boys, Singapore Earlybird for Nathaniel (love, love, love Miquon)
Science: Scholastic Atlas of Weather, an activity book called Weather Wise, and Find the Constellations by H.A. Rey (looking forward to going through this stuff with them)
Bible: the Bible!, Awesome Book of Bible Facts, and the First and Shorter Catechisms
Spanish: the Learnables (Mark is very impressed with what we know in such a short amount of time)
For fun I got them a couple of Logic Books and a computer math game. For real fun for during the move/after baby I bought Nathaniel a Make a Puppy Kit, Ben a Sewing Kit (I swear he has wanted one for at least a year), and Bradford a book called Let's Make it Pop-Up. I'm also going to get them a book on building castles out of cardboard boxes, cuz we'll have plenty of those soon!
My outlet during this time of uncertainty has been to super-plan their schooling for the upcoming year. I'm using the Sonlight guide for History, Geography, Read-alouds, Readers, and Bible, but everything else needed to be planned out. I've got 180 very full days of schooling planned, and I'm hoping to get through 30 of them before the baby comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment