Friday, June 09, 2006

Gracey's Vocabulary Expands

Grace is talking lots and lots these days. Here's a sampling:

"Boys. Now. Dinner." She says this at mealtimes.

"Boys. Now." She says this all the time. Funny, but I'm thinking I'll regret her little mama streak later.

"Read more." She picked this one up from her brothers. She'll grab any book, say for instance, A Child's History of the World, dump it on my lap and emphatically say "Read more." And then she walks away.

"Mama, where are you?" She already has the uncanny knack of wondering where I am when I am flattening my bladder.

"Ooohhh." (the kind of "oh" you say when you understand something that used to be confusing) She says this after I tell her something like Daddy is at school or the bird flew away.

"Uh-oh. Dop it." When she "drops" anything. We sometimes hear her shouting this at a sleeping Nathaniel at night. She wants him to play Pick-up-my-bunny, and when he goes to sleep instead she yells at him. Fortunately he is a sound sleeper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laugh when she does it. I laugh when I read about it. It's a blessing to have kids who make us laugh, isn't it?