I am the resident busy-body stay-at-home mom in our cul-de-sac. At least everyone thinks so, because I did happen to see some drug activity a couple years back and because I have been known to put notes on cars belonging to high school students who don't want to pay to park at the school.
Now, though, I'm over it. I'm over caring about the teens who seem to think the world and everyone in it exists for their convenience and comfort. So when I saw my neighbor (a new stay-at-home mom) out putting notes on cars, I gave her the official ones that warn of being towed. When I used these slips, I only put them on cars in front of my house, because I wanted to see with my own eyes a teen getting into or out of the car before taking so serious a step. Not my neighbor! She went walking down the neighborhood, putting the remaining slips on cars that she thought must belong to high schoolers. An angry woman stopped by tonight, slip in hand, asking if I had put it on her vehicle. No, I assured her, I didn't. Ends up she is a resident with every right to park in the subdivision. Oops. I'm sorry for what Michelle will go through because of this, and I'm also glad it wasn't me and that I won't have to worry about it at all soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment