I know, I know. I haven't said much about Gracey for awhile. We've been doing lots and lots of schooling lately, and she isn't much a part of that. Oh, she's with us sure enough--usually sitting on the table trying to draw on her brothers' work--but she doesn't do much schoolwork yet.
I'll tell you about her daily beauty parlor instead. I put her on my vanity to do her hair, and she immediately stands up to decide which perfume she wants to wear that day. She'll stand there pointing at her choices saying "one, one, one" until she finally takes takes one down and hands it to me. After perfume comes lip gloss and hair styling. I hand her the gloss which she rubs on her lips and face while I get a wet comb to detangle her yogurty hair. She then plays in the water while I do my best to do her hair.
Nathaniel also likes to get up on my vanity, but he does it so he can watch himself doing goofy dances. These dances usually include touching the mirror with soapy or otherwise dirty hands. Maybe I'll miss that one day, but it won't be when I'm trying to sell my house.
Gracey also on occasion will pull out her potty and sit on it when she needs to go, and then come to me complaining of a dirty or wet diaper. She's not consistent with this, but maybe, just maybe, when things are a little more settled in my life I'll take up the task of potty training her. I know she's ready, but I'm not.
She really does bring grace into my life, too. When she saw me crying today, she immediately pulled the tissue box off the hutch and gave me one. Can you imagine anything sweeter than a 21-month old caring for her mommy?
1 comment:
What a great post! I can just picture Nathaniel. And Grace is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment