Monday, April 17, 2006

Mark Is Sick and the Neighborhood Is Defaced

Mark has the flu. Instead of lying sensibly in bed, away from the hubbub of noise and activity, he prefers the couch. This, I think, is a guy thing. I distinctly remember my father coming home sick from work on more than one occasion, only to camp out on his recliner rather than his bed. I used to think men did this because they want people to know they're sick and feel sorry for them, but now I'm not sure. Daddy lying on the couch is kid magnet. At one point all four were hovering around and on him, and I only pray that he had the sense not to breathe on them during that time.

I didn't mention that we got a violation letter from our Homeowner's Association about a month ago. I never saw it, because Mark insisted that it would make me mad and refused to show it to me. What we didn't know is that our neighbors got the same letter, but since they are renters it had to go first to their owner. I did get to see that one. PUH-LEEZ! Since a month had passed since we got ours, I was over it, so reading my neighbors' letter made me laugh rather than rage. Are you curious? What horrific thing could we and our neighbors have done to incur the wrath of the Property Manager? What could be worth the time and effort of sending a letter? Our children were using sidewalk chalk on the driveway and sidewalk. I'll refrain from further comment on this in order for you to make your own judgement...

But when I ask for a copy of the Covenants and Restrictions of all subdivisions in which we look at houses in Georgia, you'll understand why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, sympathy is nice, but that's not why I took up residence on the couch. On the rare occasion that I take a nap during my six days of labor, the couch is where I prefer to repose. I like to be accessible if I'm needed. I don't mind being awakened from a nap, because I know that I can fall asleep again if I need to or that I don't need to if I can't. I am sympathetic towards those of you who don't have that napping gene.

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey I TOTALLY understand about the homeowner's association thing. We have gotten two letters now because evidently if you literally do not mow your yard every few days your grass is too high. We're not talking grass that you could TELL was too high, but I digress. So anyway, I've gotten them too. Aren't they fun?? (not)

~Kolbi