Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Jeni Takes a Break from Her Preoccupation to Bring You This Message...

Bradford came into the kitchen today and announced that I was an alien. I responded that if I were an alien, he was my alien baby.

"No, I'm a human-you're the alien," he asserted. I countered that if I were indeed an alien, I was an alien who needed to do spelling with him, and he suddenly disappeared...

Reappearing about 10 seconds later, he says, "Hi, mommy. I just came from Outer Space, and I met an alien there." On further questioning, I found out that the alien was remarkably like me.

"But was the alien making you brownies?" I asked.

"No, but now I know what you're doing."

"Was the alien nice?"

"Well," he slowly said, "she wanted to do spelling with me..." At which point I burst out laughing and decided to cancel spelling for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*gasps* Softy! :) You have the awesomest kids!

Anonymous said...

Even after you told me this story, I laughed out loud when I read it. I love our little alien!

Anonymous said...

Boy, has he got your number!