I feel so full of sin right now. Not only am I being extremely impatient with my children, I'm short with the neighbor's kids as well. What is wrong with me? Under lots of stress? Absolutely. But I thought I'd handle this move better. My boys sweetly talk about moving to Georgia. They are completely trusting that their daddy has everything under control and it will happen as he said it would. I wish I could learn to do the same. I believe that God is moving us to Georgia--otherwise I wouldn't want to go--but why can't I trust God to handle all the details of certification, getting a job, selling/buying a house, etc?
Twenty minutes. I think I would like twenty minutes in which to take a nap without any disturbances. Is it possible?
My mind is so full of moving I can hardly appreciate Bradford's latest invention- his cell phone. He found a piece of cell phone on the ground outside and fashioned the rest out of cardboard and masking tape. It's pretty clever.
And there's Ben. He is over his reading strike, and now he reads a book or two a day. He asked me what "flabby" meant, and I told him it meant fat and lazy. He responded that he was half flabby, because he was lazy.
Nathaniel and Grace are napping now, and I can't think of anything to say about them because I am also in need of a nap.
I'm awaiting a call from my realtor in Georgia, so this post is necessarily short.
5 comments:
Jeni, Grace & I would like to take your kids to the park next Friday so you can take a nap for a bit more than 20 minutes. Deal?
You make me cry. I'll buy your CD if you autograph it, deal?
"And there's Ben. He is over his reading strike, and now he reads a book or two a day. He asked me what "flabby" meant, and I told him it meant fat and lazy. He responded that he was half flabby, because he was lazy."
Oh, he is so like David. Scary.
"Bradford's latest invention- his cell phone. He found a piece of cell phone on the ground outside and fashioned the rest out of cardboard and masking tape. It's pretty clever."
Boy was THAT Stupie. I highlighted the WRONG paragraph. It is BRADFORD who is scarily like David. Can you strike the last commnet? Or is it too Freudian?
I don't know if I should be flattered or dismayed at being called lazy and inventive in two comments on the same post!
Reading back through your past couple months (it's been a while since I've read your blog) I saw a spot where you wondered what BDUs were. BDU stands for Battle Dress Uniform and is basically whatever a soldier wears into battle.
Post a Comment