Monday, January 02, 2006

the Boys Make Resolutions

During our family worship time on December 31, Mark explained what a resolution is and asked the boys to make one for the coming year.

Ben: I suggested "not being a bully" or "not punching my brothers" but he vetoed them as too hard. He said he'd practice the piano everyday to learn to play better.

Bradford: Again, I suggested "not whining when things don't go my way" but he opted for learning to read better.

Nathaniel: I didn't have time to suggest anything for him. He was ready with his immediately. "I'm going to chores everyday, all day long." I did suggest he change it to "doing chores cheerfully", and he agreed.

Mark and I made resolutions, but they're not nearly as interesting as the boys, so I'll not post them. My mother suggested that I get up at 6 every day to begin my day. Yeah, right. I did manage to roll out of bed by 7:20 this morning, and my bathroom and bedroom are cleaned up, excepting the dead roach by Mark's nightstand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot about the roach. Sorry. But hey, it blends in with th floor, right?

Kilby said...

Nathaniel is so over-zealous, it's hilarious.