Saturday, December 10, 2005

Jeni Posts for No Particular Reason

I just realized I hadn't posted for awhile if you don't include the essay from Prelutzky, and as 99% of you read my blog for the daily grind rather than intellectual stimulation, I should tell you what's up.

Not much. Mark has one more week of class, and I will be very glad to have this first one finished. Right now he's at school writing a paper-- hopefully FINISHING a paper, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bradford is reading more. Every morning he reads John 1:1-4 for his devotion time, and sometimes adds John 3:16 in for good measure. A couple of times this week he has gone beyond the verses that he has memorized, though, and sounded out words like "condemn" and "comprehend." So much for easy readers.

Speaking of easy readers, I'm going on an all-out book purge during Christmas break. The boys have bin upon bin of books that they never read. And then they go to the library and bring back lovely books (mostly), so we really don't need all these children's books collecting dust.

I've already begun to purge their toys. Two black contractor clean-up bags FILLED with junk- nothing that Goodwill would even touch-left my house yesterday. Their favorite "toys" at the moment are half of a skateboard they found in a bush that they turned into a catapult and a broken sprinkler head they found in the landscaping at Sam's. About that catapult, Ben came in last night declaring it was very useful to catapult rocks from the skateboard. When questioned how this might aid anyone in anything, he answered that it could kill a worm. If you need worms killed, Ben's your man.

Chad came by last night to give us back our SunPass. I heard a loud truck standing in our cul-de-sac last night, and just had this feeling... and I was right. He had his HUGE trailer on the back of it, and after he freaked the boys out with a story about man-eating snake he let them put the trailer up and down. Now, that is the kind of toy they would love to have!

Diet update: It is very bizarre to go through an entire holiday season with no sugar in my house. People all around me are making cookies and other sweet treats, and I've made none. I can't say I haven't eaten any, because I have, but not much. A Lindt 85% Cocoa bar, a cup of Chantico from Starbucks, part of a cookie and a few Tangerine Sours is the extent of my sugar consumption for the entire month. Unbelievable. The worst part is I can't say I've got tons more energy. I was expecting to wake up at 6 AM and be ready to jump out of bed, and that is not what I've experienced. At least I'm getting through the day without crashing, I'm doing more at night, and my moods are steadier.

And now I'm off to clean up my desk. I'd like to be able to see the wood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you didn't hold your breath. But don't you worry--I'll finish (but not if I keep leaving my file at home).

Compleat Mom said...

Did we want to talk about tons more energy? Hmmm? Then shut up.