I'm not in Florida. I am at my mother's house. I hope to live in this area in the near future. Can you guess where I am? Georgia
After hearing the official report on "When You Can Expect To Get Your Power Back," and seeing the water pressure dwindle to a mere trickle, Mark told me I was to pack up the kids and leave. By. My. Self. Being a submissive wife, I made no objection, and about 90 minutes later we were speeding north. At 25 miles per hour. Mark told me I had enough gas to get to Orlando, but was he figuring on me going so slowly? Well, we did make it, barely, and were rewarded with hot baths and a hot meal and cool weather. Then it's the guessing and waiting game. Do I try to stay in Orlando until I have power, or do I go ahead up to Georgia? Mark said to go and enjoy the beautiful Georgia autumn. So we are.
This morning I went shopping with the boys while Grandma watched GracEliz. Because although I brought my cool new juicer, I had neglected to pack socks and underwear for the boys. Of course they had to go with me, because it is a big deal to pick out their own stuff, and Ben also talked me into a 3-pack of gloves for $3. After the trip, properly armed with all manner of coats, hats, sweatshirts, my old red-heart earmuffs and their new gloves--after all, it is a frigid 65--they went on adventures in the woods behind Grandma's house. I think all boys need some exposure to woods. Every time they go out, they have a little less bulk on them. By the time we leave they may even give up their silly gloves.
This afternoon we go to a Fall Festival at the grocery store where my mom works. Saturday we'll go to the Fall Festival at my parents' church, and Monday the boys will pass out candy to trick-or-treaters. Sugar coma, anyone? All this right as I've started my new diet to regain energy. More on that at another time.
3 comments:
Oh I'm so glad you're in Georgia! Mark is such a great husband. And this must mean that you need a new roof so desperately that it's not safe for you all to be there. Or something like that. I'm so sorry.
And NO I don't think you're a super-Christian. Can't you even take a compliment?!?! Is this inability to be able to take a compliment a problem you've always had or has it come over you recently?
I will pick at you mercilessly until you post more about the pet juicer. But you knew that.
~Kolbi
No, I'm afraid it means no such thing. Mark sending us away means he was afraid the kids would begin whining and he didn't want to hear it. And now our power is back on, but the traffic into Florida is still something dreadful, so I'm not going to hurry back.
No, I cannot take compliments very well.
I will now post about the juicer.
Enjoy GA for me too and look for land!!! Maybe this time next year we'll all be there together. I want to hear more about this juicer too! Can it be you are turning the health corner?
Post a Comment