Tuesday, August 23, 2005

the screws begin to tighten...

God is moving us out of Florida soon. I can't say when, exactly, and I can't be positive about where (although I have my own ideas), but I know it's coming.

We just got a notice of non-renewal for our homeowner's insurance. Not surprising, considering the number of hurricanes that hit Florida last year. Mind you, none of them hit us, but that doesn't matter to insurance companies. I'm pretty sure our new policy will be much more expensive. That's okay: God will provide.

Our tax bill is going up quite a bit this year, thanks to some additional levied items. That's okay: God will provide.

Our mortgage rate just went up. The money that I was going to put toward groceries will now be paying for our house. That's okay: God will provide.

Grace is eating more; Nathaniel, Benjamin, and Bradford are eating more. That's okay: God will provide.

I'm not worried about these things, because God always does provide for us. But let's go back to the ol' illustration of why you can't feed the world out of a flowerpot. Ask your favorite economist that question if you don't know the answer, but what it means for us is that we will eventually be faced with two choices: 1) get an additional pot, or 2) get a bigger pot. Since our family is committed to my staying at home with the children, the additional pot is out of the question. But where to find a bigger pot? and when?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God will provide!

(And I trust He will even provide us true fellowship with someone other than you if you leave us. I just don't like to think of it just now, not at this time when so many changes are hitting me hard!)
Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh (((honey))). I am SO sorry about everything happening all at once. And as a fellow Floridian the homeowner's insurance is just too horrid for words. I'm terrified... TERRIFIED of the homeowner's insurance thing. Just scared to death. What are we supposed to do here in a state where no one will insure us??

Hugs,

Jo

Anonymous said...

Trust the Lord?

-Deb

SomeOne said...

Deb, you're right. We must trust the Lord. I wish the mortgage companies would be satisfied with that!

I called the insurance guy who originally wrote the policy, and his new quote was only $30 a month more than what we're paying now. Where that will come from is still a mystery, but God knows He needs to grow my faith a little at a time and I couldn't handle having a rate incease of $100 a month. God is so faithful to us; I just can't worry about it.

Of course you realize my pot illustration was limited to purely human means. I know God can provide for us, even if we stay in Florida and have 9 kids; however, in the past he has blessed us by letting us make money on our condo and moving us to a cheaper place. It's hard to believe now Florida was once a cheaper place.

SomeOne said...

Oh, and of course you'll find someone else with whom to fellowship! And we're not gone yet. In fact, y'all could end up leaving the same time we do.

I've heard Greenville is nice, and north Cherokee county really needs a Reformed church.