Sorry. Won't give any excuses for not blogging, and I'm not really ready to be witty yet, so here are bits from Mark's journal... Check out the new hairstyles and beach pictures on the photo blog.
On Being Bradford...
B: What do peanuts look like?
M: What?! Why do you want to know what peanuts look like?
B: Did I used to eat them at school?
M: Yes. Why are you asking this?
B: So if my body gets nervous tomorrow I'll know what they look like...
On Ben's reading...
Ben's reading Homer Price. We picked up a copy at the library, and he was very excited to start right into it. I asked if he wanted me to read it to him- after all, it is about a 4th grade reading level. "I don't need you to read it to me, thanks, dad." Great! My 5 yo son no longer needs me to read to him. I did get to read a cuople others to him a little later, however. He just wanted the challenge of reading that big chapter book on his own. We picked up a coup;le French tapes at the library, too. He's very interested in the ida of learning French right now. Of all the languages he could choose!
On Nate's exuberance...
ON the way across the parking lot after the morning service, Nater spied a plastic grocery bag blowing across the grass. Excited, he chased and caught it, carrying it triumphantly to Ben. "Hey Ben! Look what I got for ya!" I love his voice and the way he expresses himself. I'll miss it when it matures. He's so pleased right now with how big he's getting. He came into our bathroom to show us he's tall enough to turn the faucet on and off; he unbuttoned his shirt, resisting all well-intentioned offers of help; he stood straight as an arrow against the wall declaring, "I'm this tall!"
On Gracy's love...
Gracey's adorable! She's not a terribly sedate baby-not sure yet if that's good or bad. Yesterday, she actually leaned out of Jennifer's arms to come to me. She wore a beautiful, frilly pink dress today and stole everyone's heart. It was only a half-day garment, alas. As is her custom, she soiled it during the ride home from the a.m. service.
6/12
How pleasant! It was so quiet outside our bedroom that I was sure the boys were still sleepig. But when I went into the living room, I found Ben reading to Nate on the couch, and Bradford was in the garage putting out whites into the washing machine-complete with detergent and fabric softener. What a way to start the day!
6/13
The beach trip this afternoon was lots of fun. I got home at 4:00, and we were onthe road by 4:30, complete with picninc-lunch-by-Jennifer. We went to the Hollywood/Dania Beach, where there weren't lots of people, but there was tons of seaweed.
Jennifer believes a trip to the water- be it pool or ocean- is incomplete until at least one child is traumatized. At the pool, she tries to force poor little 3-year-old Nate to stretch himself and get beyond his fears. Actually, she just pointed out that my description is a bit extreme. Running and hiding behind a water fountain, screaming, doesn't necessarily indicate trauma. Maybe she has a point. Sorry, honey. So I won't say that she traumatized Ben by trying to force him into the crashing waves this evening; I'll just say he wasn't overjoyed. Later, however, probably about 1/2 hour before time to leave, he decided that he loved the water after all. Initially he was scared because "it felt like a scary ride going backwareds." And "it's not fun at all!" Glad he changed his mind. I was afraid that the highlight of the trip was going to be his trip to the POrt-a-potty. I took the 3 boys, and they were all excited to use these glorified outhouses. Ben was beaming when he came out. "Hey guys, wasn't that neat? Oh, my, that was fun!" Ben's lows are low, but his highs are high.
2 comments:
Jeni, your baby has the most incredible eye-lashes I have seen on any child. She is a regular elf.
Elf as in LOTR and not one of Santa's helpers, I'm assuming. I agree. She'll not be tall, but she's gonna be pretty.
Post a Comment