Saturday, May 28, 2005

Jeni Continues to Feed the Rats

I can just imagine the conversation of the rats. "Dear, we have just received another food delivery. Could you be so kind as to run up and get it before it gets rained on." "Sure, as soon as I'm finished reading the paper." Eat, drink, and be merry, fellas, cuz tomorrow you're gonna die. At least I hope they will. I can hear them in my neighbor's shed, squabbling. Kinda gives me the creeps, knowing they live so close.

Ben let me play a game on his computer this morning. He told me which buttons to push, and I evidently did it right, because he assured me I won.

VOCABULARY LESSON

snuckful \snuk' ful\ adj. [Bradford] a sneaky manner of doing something, especially something you're not supposed to do

Nerdly \nerd' li\ adv. [Nathaniel from the Nerds candies] to do something cheerfully and well, in hopes of a reward

Feeling a bit better today. Actually got to the grocery store, and there tried the new chocolate caramel pop~tarts. Yum. I commented to the sampler that they were good, but certainly not so good for you. Well, it's less sugar than a doughnut or cinnamon roll, she responded. But more than oatmeal or eggs or toast, which is what my kids usually eat, I told her. She must've thought I was a liar, because right there on the top of my cart were two boxes of Cap'n Crunch--one with crunchberries, the other peanut butter. Oh, I should've told her, those are NOT for my children, they're for my husband and myself for dessert!

Forgot the frozen vegetables, but remembered the Cap'n Crunch. Forgot the bagels, but remembered potato chips. It's Memorial Weekend, and I'm remembering the important things. The question is, will I remember to wash my towels on Monday?

No comments: