The first shocking thing I did was to rearrange the living room furniture. In eleven years of marriage, I had never once rearranged the furniture. When Mark walked in the door he burst out laughing and said it was the funniest thing he had ever seen--that the furniture was moved by ME alone, not that my choice of arrangement was so funny.
The second shocking thing we--the boys gladly helped--did was to take up lots of grungy carpet, complete with roach skeletons, from the bedroom. Again, when he walked into the bedroom, he laughed.
But now we have to figure out what to put down. Staining the concrete is out of the question, since what is underneath is so gross. Tile or wood? Tile or wood?
Aahh, he just came in from the library. OH NO!!! He's getting as forgetful as me! He went (so I thought) to the library to pick up the books that I placed on hold. He came back with three kids books, but none that I ordered. He did remember to drop off the books that were due, however, and I probably would have forgotten to do even that.
Benjamin accompanied our singing during worship tonight. He played "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."
Bradford made a fleet of airplanes during quiet time today. But at least he was quiet. The past two nights he's tried to sleep with GracE, but he couldn't stop making cooing noises and peeking at her. Cute, but not what either one needs.
I often sing "Away! away! My heart's on fire; I find my duty hard to do today..." from the Pirates of Penzance. Evidently my singing isn't terribly clear, for the younger boys have slightly different versions. Ben: "Hooray! Hooray! My heart's on fire!" Nathaniel: "Away! away! My house's on fire!"
Tonight Ben was jumping off Nathaniel's bed and informed me that if I heard a loud thump on the ceiling, it was only him practicing his grasshopper moves.
What a chopped-up blog. Kinda like my carpet. Hmm
Cyanide.
2 comments:
Cyanide? My dear, you have some serious issues.
Hooray! My house is on fire.
*random*
Jennifer, I love you. And I love God who gave you to me. What a joy your life is to me. Keep growing. Keep writing. Keep praising God by your very being. Who wants to be like you when she grows up, Debby.
Post a Comment