Thursday, April 14, 2005

Jeni Prays For Patience

I know. Some people say never, never, never pray for patience, because God will give you trials so you can have lots of practice. But I believe God wants to work patience out in my life, and He will do it with or without my cooperation. So this morning I prayed that God would teach me patience gently.

What a loving, gracious, merciful Heavenly Father I have. He began His lessons directly before breakfast, when Nathaniel threw up his water all over the counter. He continued the lessons when my little Tater threw up his toast all over the stairway while I was nursing. Baby on breast, sitting on the stairs, directing the older boys in how to help him. Ben brought him a wet washcloth, and my dear, sick little cleaner immediately started cleaning the vomit instead of wiping out his mouth. After his voluntary morning nap (yes, he was sick), he came down and threw up on the couch and rug. Oo-la-la

Bradford got a card in the mail today. Not surprising, since his birthday is tomorrow, but Ben was sad that he didn't get a card, also. No problem: Bradford immediately ripped the card in half and gave Ben the side with words.

***Kolbi***my email address: thompson_mar@hotmail.com I have my inbox set to exclusive, and since I do not have your email address, your message will be sent to the junk box. I'll have to look out for it, but if I don't respond in a timely manner, assume I didn't notice it in the junk box and try again.

I'm probably not going up to the homeschool convention this year. Nursing baby + $80 just to goggle at curriculum is just not looking feasible this year. Maybe next year.

Mark is back from the library and grocery store. He remembered the books on hold this time, which is good, but he forgot the grocery list. So what did he remember from the list? Did he remember the sugar and chocolate chips. Very important! But if he didn't, I'll just think of it as another way for God to teach me patience.

After 10. Getting off before I turn into a pumpkin.

No comments: