Thursday, March 24, 2005

There Is No Break for the Thompson Reformed School for Young Gentlemen

Mark is on Spring Break, which means all the misguided and untaught children in our public schools are also on Spring Break. No break for my kiddos, though. We have been doing school for three weeks now, and I'm not planning to stop until we've done 18 weeks of school.

Even so, the boys have enjoyed having daddy around a little more. Daddy even did school work with them: he felt my pain. Ben is getting to be quite a good reader; Bradford is getting to be good at telling stories. I did read two books to him last Sunday--books that I had borrowed from a friend using Sonlight curriculum.

This morning I met a friend for tea and fellowship without kids. What a rare treat. Then I went to buy pens because I have a job: addressing about 200 wedding invitations.

And, I'm also reading a book about punctuation, which is called Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. I, learned, that commas, are quite useful, and necessary, if you, unlike most of the world, use them correctly. Ha ha. Its (or is it "it's?) a good book. Ha ha.

Disjointed, yes! But so is my brain. So there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO my little sister! But you are learn-ed. --Deb