We began celebrating Resurrection Day by noticing that one of our butterflies had emerged from its chrysalis. And then the day only got better.
We did have to be at church rather earlier than usual: nevertheless, we made it. We always end with the Hallelujah Chorus, which I get better at singing each year. In about 10 years I may even be able to sing all my notes.
Dinner was at the In-Laws, and was delightfully uneventful. The usual family chats exploring the usual subjects in the usual way. I did find out Pam is pregnant. She will be pregnant alone. This is so not-fair. I have always wanted to be pregnant alone, and have yet to succeed. It's not that I want all the attention; it's that I want have sole whining rights for 9 months. But this obviously isn't part of God's plan for my sanctification, because it still hasn't happened.
We ended the day by going to Emmanuel's evening service. Pastor Hughes preached a wonderful sermon, of which I only mention a part. Housewives, he said, should not get so wrapped up in their duties that they fail to see God at work in the bigger world. AMEN. How convicting. No more worrying about dust for me. In fact, I didn't unload the dishwasher until this afternoon, but I did spend more time with my kids. Priorities.
Yes. Priorities. GracE is calling for me, so I must end for now.
2 comments:
"Sole whining rights...."
i.e. all the attention.
:-p
No, my dear. There is a difference between wanting attention and not wanting people to whine to you about their problems.
Post a Comment