Thursday, February 24, 2005

School Happens

Yes, dear ones. I actually did school again today. Which means I did not do laundry (I think I've still got something in the washing machine from last night), or clean (dust IS a protective covering for my furniture), or get dressed (until 2:30!), but we did reading and math.

GracE still thinks she should be held most of the day, and today I refused to give in to her, which means she cried a lot. Crying babies wear on my nerves, and only chocolate calms them. We're out of chocolate.

Kilby, Mark does not read my blog. I think it's because he cringes at my writing. You probably cringe at my writing, too. Not the content so much, but the grammar and style. Being married to a grammar king has made me lazy, and having four kids has made me stupid.

This is from Mark's journal.
Nater loves to sing a song from Josh and the Big Wall. He starts off-in full voice-"the Lord has given this land to us...(skips line two and sings)... He's knowing [sic] what He's doing..." repeat...repeat...repeat...repeat...ad infinitum. Jennifer says he sings it while he "cleans" the bathroom. Now there's a mystery. He goes into the bathroom armed with spray and a roll of paper towels, closes the door, and putters around, singing all the while. He emerges after a while, and when Jennifer checks his work, she's at a loss to find any improvement. Hmm.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I got my aprons back from Aunt Patsy today. I had sent her some to embroider for me, and they are beautiful. I hesitated putting one on, because I didn't want to mess it up. After thinking it over for about thirty seconds, however, I did put one on, and of course it got dirty. But so what! I can wear a clean one tomorrow, and I can wash them.

And if you're wondering why this blog is longer than usual, it's because I'm waiting for pictures to upload. My mother-in-law has a photo receiver that we can send pictures to, but no one but Erin (my ultra-organized sis-in-law) ever sends pictures. Well, that's not exactly true. Aunt Patsy does send pictures occasionally, but when I look at the pictures rotating through the frame, about 90% of them are of Erin's children. So, now that I have the directions on how to send pictures, I decided to put in 30 pictures to bump all of Erin's. **wicked laugh** I'm not too worried about this, because I'm sure Erin will send more pictures soon, and I probably won't get around to it until next year.

How long does it take for 30 pictures to upload?

Maybe I'll go flatten my bladder, or maybe even get the soured clothes out of the washing machine. Oh, the excitement never ends.

1 comment:

Kilby said...

I don't cringe at your blog. If there are glaring mistakes, I must run over them because I -- I am still a woman however grammatically compulsive I may be -- pay the majority of attention to the content.