Right now, Bradford and Benjamin are on my bed. Bradford is the father, and he is driving his son Benjamin somewhere. "Mommy, what's a good voice for a father?" After several practice runs, he's settled on a lower version of his own voice. "Where did that sand come from?" Hmmm. I guess I'm changing the sheets later.
Today has not been a good day. Maybe I should have stayed in bed this morning. I did try, but at 7:55, Nathaniel insisted that he was really hungry. What a lazy slug I am. Every time I read a book on family life--what it should be, what I should be doing, how I should be doing it-- I get horribly depressed. As depressed as any mother of 4 children can get and still keep the household limping along. And what am I doing now? Instead of laundry or cleaning or making my bed, I'm complaining to all the world.
Here's something to rejoice over: there is a chrysalis OUTSIDE. I saw the caterpillar hanging upside down yesterday, and today it's a chrysalis. This is very exciting to me. I had looked and looked before and had never seen where the caterpillars crawled to become butterflies, so I starting putting all the big caterpillars in our habitat. We now have 6, and I gave one caterpillar to my 8-yr old neighbor. She recently broke her foot, and this gives her something else to think about. Her brother came this morning for some more milkweed. He told me he wants a caterpillar, too.
Well, I'm off to the kitchen to finish my bread. And probably sneak some chocolate. So much for waiting until Easter. But my hat's off to any woman who can get through a home improvement project (i.e. laying pavers) without quieting her nerves with chocolate.
2 comments:
Well, she might not like chocolate.........
God bless you, Jeni dear.
Jennifer- Staying in bed sometimes is a good thing to do. Watching caterpillars with your kids is a very good thing to do. Reading books is a good thing, too. But will you QUIT reading those stupid books that tell you how to run a family?! Your chief end is to glorify God and to ENJOY Him. When your enjoyment will best be served by having a clean house, I'm sure you'll motivate your little ones to help you clean it. Until then, relax. --Deb
Post a Comment