Friday, November 12, 2004

Benjamin reads his first book

Ahhhh. It will be fun to teach Benjamin things. He pays attention to me. He understands. He remembers. He LIKES to learn. God knew I needed Benjamin.

He read the first 14 pages of Fox in Socks to Mark tonight. Mind, this is the first book he's ever attempted to read. Gotta love that second-hand learning.

Mark is a wonderful husband. I'm so thankful God gave him to me. Yesterday, he took our three boys and three other children to Lion Country Safari. From the information I could get from my kids, they saw some lions, zebras, ostriches, and flying elephants. Peter is mean, because he stopped the putt-putt game, plus he wouldn't let Bradford drive the flying elephant. AJ is nice, and next time Bradford, Benjamin, and Nathaniel are all going with AJ on a boat. Well, I guess that means they had fun. All except Grace, the sister to Peter and AJ. She wasn't feeling well, and is now feeling even worse. Did I mention that Mark is wonderful? He came home with a bad headache, but never complained about the day.

Lizzy and I stayed home. I cleaned the kitchen and she screamed. She screams a lot these days. She wakes up, eats, smiles for a few minutes, and then she screams. After about 20 minutes, I get tired of listening to it, so I put her down for a nap. She sleeps 30-60 minutes, wakes up, eats, smiles, etc... I don't like to complain, because she does sleep 12+ hours at night, but I am looking forward to better naps and less screaming.

Did I mention I'm making my own whole wheat bread? It's fun. I'm often a bit distracted when I make it, though, and then it over-rises and falls. Oops. Still tastes good, though. I'll eventually get into the groove. I'm even thinking of making bread in flowerpots for Christmas gifts.

And now I'm off to read some blogs. Maybe I'll be inspired to do something wonderful, like get up before 7am.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am thrilled you see the silver lining on that cloud called Benjamin! Do you realize what a silver lining is? It is the sun behind the cloud! Enjoy His brilliance.