Thursday, October 01, 2026

Jeni Takes Steps (both figuratively and literally)


Pictured rather badly is a pillowcase and two bags I made this summer with my young sewing students. It was so fun to teach the two sisters, and it made me want to do more of this kind of thing. I knew I needed to takes steps to begin this business, so today I put advertisements on a few Facebook groups I belong to in hopes of drumming up some students. This could potentially mean fewer days that I need to work for the organizing business. I still love that work, but the difference between having to and wanting to is not insignificant. So far my posts have gotten a few bites, but no scheduled lessons yet. I'll keep you updated.

And I also took steps with my feet. One mile's worth tonight. Up and down hills. Perhaps hills should be capitalized, or at least my heartrate would suggest a capitalization is warranted. 

What else occupied my time today? I vacuumed, of course, and made dinner, and I also made one and one half crochet worms. Patie is making a garland of red, green, and white bows for Christmas for her room, and she let me try my hand at one. If I can figure out how to make them better than this first one, she would be fine with me making fifty of them to save her the time and energy. I may take the yarn to Timothy to do while monitoring. This first one is rough looking. The second may be a bit better. She is committed to using all of them, but may put these first attempts in a dark corner. 




No comments: