This morning our instructor had us doing poses on the wall. When we were finished, Grace popped up from the wall in one quick movement. Miss Hannah told her it wasn't to be done quickly; we were supposed to pause in transition and give our minds and bodies time to process what we accomplished in the pose.
Yes! This is what yoga has done for our schedule. We don't cram all our schooling into three hours just to get it out of the way. Out of the way for what? No, my schedule this year for the girls builds the pauses into the day. Time to decompress and get ready for the next big thing. I love it. The girls are thriving with it.
After music practice, history, and math, we take time for lunch, clean up, outside play time, and exercise. Then we have an afternoon block for grammar, reading, and writing and free time. We don't finish until 5 p.m. Built in pauses makes this a sustainable schedule.
Breathing is good.
1 comment:
Hello Jeni. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in Psalms and yoga. Yoga has its origin in India and the Indian Yogi start giving lessons to the learners of Yoga with OM that is they begin with ascribing to their god. If we start learning yoga ascribing greatness to God and OM then it is good for our health. The term yogi is used to the Indian Hindu religious Gurus who practice Yoga (leader). I hope this would help you in way to not to compromise with the christian values. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor love. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your family circle or friends circle come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email it is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.
Post a Comment