Wednesday, July 03, 2013

an Important Missage is Sent in a Bottle (or Blog Post)

I love Winnie the Pooh.  Of course if you know anything about Winnie the Pooh, you already knew I love him because I’ve fashioned my blog titles after Pooh chapter titles.

As Piglet was surrounded by water, so I am surrounded by children—nearly drowning in them, it seems.  And yet the Bible says children are a blessing and barrenness is a curse.  Why does our American culture preach the opposite?  If you have more than 2 or 3 children, you should get a t.v.  I think next time someone tells me that I’ll ask them if they really prefer staring at a box more than…  or maybe not.

So prevalent is the anti-children propaganda, however, that sometimes I forget how God views children.  I see them through the eyes of convenience, or financial security, or selfishness.  I view myself having children through others’ eyes and feel a need to justify their existence, for choosing other activities over television—but I shouldn’t have to, and I’m not going to. 

You knew what was coming, didn’t you.  I thought maybe I was done, thought I’d passed the mantle on to the young women, but obviously God isn’t done blessing us.  I’ll keep you updated through the next seven months or so. 

1 comment:

Megan Russell said...

Totally agree! I have five and everyone seems to let me know that is all I need to have!! Congrats!! Www.everydayadventureshomeschool.blogspot.com