Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jeni Gets Exercise

Some do, and some don’t; you just never can tell about days.  This day has not gone smoothly.  But the fault is all mine, and it began yesterday when I left my purse in my mother’s car, and with my purse, my keys.  So this morning when Mark left with six children in time to arrive for Sunday School, I stayed behind with Patience to make food for the fellowship luncheon. 

All went well until I went to leave… without keys.  No problem.  We have a spare…somewhere.  Which I could not find.  Mark called me back and told me to enjoy the yogurt cake and listen to a sermon. 

But listening to a sermon is not the same as worshiping with other believers, and there are two churches within walking distance of my house.  Hmmm.  I decided on the Baptist church because it is closer when walking with a stroller, checked on-line for service times, saw I had 30 minutes to walk 2ish miles, changed into running shoes and headed out… to find a stroller with flat tires.  Pumped it up, wiped off the spiders and sacs, grabbed some water and had 19 minutes to spare. 

But that wasn’t a problem, because I am in decent running shape.  Usually I’m not wearing a dress and pushing a stroller with a 32 pound toddler in it, but still, the distance was probably more like 1.5 miles, and I could run part of it.  So I did, and got there in time… to find the service ending.

Evidently I didn’t see or it wasn’t on their website that their usual two services would be replaced by one service today because of the special groundbreaking.  I drank some water, put my running shoes back on, and sat to rest before walking back home.  And then an angel from God named William and his wife Lynn offered to drive me, and I accepted.  Patience got a fun morning, I got some exercise and met some lovely people, and now I’m streaming my parents’ church service. 

No comments: