For those who love frapuccinos but don't love the sugar and expense, this post may be helpful.
For quite some time, I've been making Chai Frapuccinos. I don't have the recipe handy at the moment, but I'd be willing to email it to anyone who wants it. It calls for milk, quadruple strength chai tea, a bit of honey, and ice--pretty simple, but I'm not sure of proper amount of chai tea.
Then I turned my hand to making Green Tea Frapuccinos at home. And my current recipe is much different than that other place's recipe, but I have come to prefer my not-so-sweet version. I do remember it, so here it is. This makes about 16 oz. I think. It's definitely enough for me to have about 7 oz, and everyone else who wants some to have about 3-4 oz. Blend it up and drink
1 cup milk
3 heaping spoons Matcha powder (I bought two boxes of this on Amazon for about $35, and one box is enough to make about oh, lots and lots and lots, and considering one tall at that other place is $4+, it is a good deal if you like these as much as I do)
2 T honey
ice
Blend it up.
I used to put some vanilla simple syrup in, also, which was yummy, and you're welcome to make some to add or come get mine. When I quit sugar I simply took it out of the recipe. I am now used to and prefer the taste of my recipe, and when I ordered a "real" one recently I nearly gagged on the sweetness.
Then we tried strawberry, with real strawberries. Same idea, but we have not yet perfected the recipe.
But this morning, we made heaven in a glass, especially for this chocolate and sugar deprived mom. Here's how it began:
1 cup milk
1 heaping tablespoon carob powder (I'm sure cocoa would work as well, but cocoa would keep me awake at night)
2 T honey
ice
but that wasn't quite it... maybe a little vanilla? And mint, Ben suggested. Mint? Mint! Oh, yeah! Forget the vanilla, let's definitely try the mint.
Add 1/4 t. mint extract to the above, blend it up, and drink up your daily cup of bliss. Thank you, Ben. You are definitely in my will. ;)
1 comment:
Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I bought peppermint extract at the Dekalb Farmers' Market thinking it was what I'd need for peppermint cookies, but no. That would be peppermint oil. So the extract has just been sitting in my cupboard. And I've also been dying to make a really good frappuccino. And dying to remember your green tea and chai frappuccino recipes. I'm tempted to go to the H-Mart right now to look for matcha. We'll settle for the mocha frappuccino for dessert though.
Post a Comment