You all know that Proverbs 31 woman who can do so much because she has servants, right? I don’t have servants, but I’m still expected to be as amazing. Well, I’ve been told that my appliances and such are my servants, and I even named the cabinet where I keep a lot of them in my kitchen The Servants’ Quarters. Usually they do, with much prodding and pushing and pulling and work, what I want them to do, but this summer has been the Summer of Servant Revolt.
First it was the Air Conditioner, who decided he didn’t want to cool our house below 85.
Then our lawn mower decided it wanted to be a shovel instead of a mower, digging holes in our yard every time we turned it.
Our upstairs vacuum cleaner (because yes, we have two) decided it wanted to become one with the carpet.
Next came the Washing Machine, who decided life in the hallway would be much better than life in the laundry closet and tries to get there with each load I give him.
The Air Conditioner again decided to be a heater, but hopefully the second call from Mr. Brewer took care of it.
My Scale had enough of being stepped on and is no longer working.
But I am thankful that my latest cell phone has not taken a swim, and that all my other servants are doing their jobs without issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment