Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jeni Goes Insane and then Gets Real

Pardon my boasting, but I must say that the house plan I drew up was positively brilliant, but then so was Nathaniel’s, and his included an indoor basketball court, rock climbing wall, and trampoline.  Mine was a bit more, um, boring: a 2 bedroom apartment with garage and basement, and on the top of that apartment would be our new living space, sans trampoline.  My big splurge was the grand piano I drew in the corner of what would be our new living room, because as long as I was only dreaming, I could dream big, right?

Alas, we could never get a loan for the amount it would take to build it, and if we couldn’t rent it we would lose both the brilliant apartment and our house, so there ends the dream.  But we may be able to do something on a smaller scale.  Which is weird and scary, to think of spending any money in a bad economy, but the fact is we would like more room.  Or rather, we would like bigger rooms, but since we bought a house without the expandable walls option, we’ll have to get them in a more conventional way. 

So I’m talking with a remodeler who is working on my second plan, which although not brilliant, and not rentable, would still give us a bit more space… we’ll see what God wants for us, and we’ll go with that. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE it when things like this happen, and I'm totally not kidding!

Whenever I face huge decisions, I totally hope and pray that they get made for me. And see? Yours just was! I love it when doors close and windows open and stuff just gets way clearer! Can't wait to hear what you have planned for your house!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, can't wait to see your plans. And can't wait to see YOU in ONE week! *does a happy dance*