Thursday, March 11, 2010

There is Something About Clean Floors That Makes the Heart Sing

Well, at least my heart sings when my floors are clean.  Thankfully my heart sings at other things, too, or else it would be eerily silent most of the time. 

And now I get to cook in a cleanish kitchen.  Cooking in a clean kitchen ranks high among simple joys, as does throwing up in a clean toilet.* 

yeah.  I’ll be going now. 

*Not that I’ve thrown up lately or anything (it’s been about six weeks), and this is not a hint that I am pregnant, because I am not, but as a family we have had more than our fair share of vomiting. And I have gone through multiple sick pregnancies, so I know this to be true: it’s a beautiful thing to smell Fabuloso when you’re hugging a toilet.  It’s also a beautiful thing to walk in a kitchen without sticking to or scraping the floor. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Are you - ?

Did you mean to hint that you are - ??

Um??!!!???

SomeOne said...

No! A thousand times no!!!! As far as we're concerned, we're done, done, done. Seven is plenty, seven is good. I need to feel like I'm doing a good job with these seven, like the oldest reading on grade level, before I would even consider it, and by that time, I'll be too old to have any more children.

I can see how you could read that into what I wrote, and I hope no one else does. Yikes.