I was a bit optimistic thinking we could begin school in earnest today. After a two-week break filled with projects, I needed a teacher work day to get back on track. I spent the morning with the odds and ends that needed to be finished before I felt I could devote 2+hours a day to individually tutoring the kids. I did end up reading to them this afternoon a short story called “The Baby in the Night Deposit Box.” Pretty fun reading. Ben interrupted me during the reading to let me know one of my voices was not right. They are spoiled, I think.
So tomorrow we begin earnest school again. Patience will soon be dropping her morning nap, which will wreck our morning schedule, so we need to get as much in as we can before that time comes.
Goals for tomorrow: Kids up before 8:00, school started by 9:00. Thankfully we have turkey sausage already cooked, so breakfast will be easy-peasy.
Monday One: I’m thankful for GenJen’s turkey sausage. Healthy, yummy, inexpensive, easy. What could possibly be better?
No comments:
Post a Comment