Today I’m supposed to be sewing my breakfast room curtains, but my hands are cold (maybe I’ll turn the heat on!). Besides, our beads and charms came yesterday, so of course we wanted to make our glass charms. It is tedious work, stringing tiny beads onto earring hoops and putting the charms on the jump rings. The beads do not always cooperate, and I thought I would be doing most of them myself. Not so. I did put each pewter charm along with jump ring and beads in individual lidded baby food containers, and the kids chose which ones they wanted to work on. If they were older that may not have been necessary, but it solved most problems before the project started. They loved it, and even Grace was able to do a lot of it herself. While the kids worked on them, Mark read Proverbs to them.
Sophie helped us put a few charms on, but Sadie was content to watch and be cute. In her coat, because it’s cold in here.
The finished product. Now when you come to our house for dinner, you’ll find a charm on your glass to help you keep it separated from all other glasses. A snowflake, a cheese grater, a canoe, a machine gun—no telling which will be yours for the evening. The place I found on-line that sold the charms had lots of fun, inexpensive charms from which to choose, and we went a little crazy and bought almost every thirty-five cent charm they offered. These are really meant for stemware, which we do want to get eventually, but they work on regular glasses, they’re classier than the old standby of Sharpie on red plastic, and they were cheap—less than $1 each. Money and time well spent!
No comments:
Post a Comment