My facebook status recently read “Jennifer hates insufficient funds fees,” and I still do hate them, but my dear friend Karen pointed out that such things are only temporary, and I need to be focused on treasures in heaven. Thanks, Karen.
Beyond that, I learned that even in our relative riches from times past—we live in a bigger house, own two vehicles, can afford more generosity, and have high-speed internet—I must still rely completely on God for our daily bread. God has been teaching me this over the last couple of weeks, and although the lessons are not always pleasant, peace always follows.
I am no longer fretting because of the insufficient funds fees, because the reality is I have the best divine financial manager ever, and He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. No longer will I fret about our baby van visiting the mechanic three times in two weeks—that fretting is replaced by thankfulness that we have a second vehicle for such occasions, friends to cart Mark to and from the shop, and money to pay repair bills.
I was also reminded by another friend of mine that even though Mark was furloughed without pay for three days, it beats being self-employed and not having work for three weeks, or being out of a job for three months.
We are not lucky, but blessed. God has blessed our faithfulness in having children when conventional wisdom said a school teacher could not afford to raise seven children. God has blessed our faithfulness to tithe and give beyond, even in lean times. God has blessed us for using our home to minister in whatever way we can. Blessed. Oh, so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment