Wednesday, November 25, 2009

the Boys Get Handkerchiefs

My mom and I went to a class to learn more about the features of her cool new sewing machine, and since we already knew how to thread it, etc, we delved a bit into its embroidery capabilities.  For practice we did a heart with “Grace” under it.  We thought it would be a cute pillow with ribbon to hand on her wall.  Knowing my kids as she does, my mom suggested we get embroidery thread in each of the girls’ colors, especially since the thread was half price, so we could make pillows for all the girls. 

Later that night I went to her house and embroidered hearts with names for Sadie, Sophie, and Patience.  As an afterthought, I did handkerchiefs for the boys.  They love them.  Bradford now wants 14, one for morning and evening of each day of the week.  Nathaniel wanted to wash his, so I suggested he put a few more things into the wash besides three handkerchiefs.  When I pulled the laundry from the dryer at 10 p.m, I heard a “can I have my handkerchief?” from behind me.  AGH.  I pretended not to hear, but later I deposited the handkerchiefs on my sleeping sons.  I guess I’ll make them as many handkerchiefs as I have muslin.  At least I’ll know who has left his on the floor!

No comments: